Some of Ireland’s brightest young minds gathered in DIT for the Engineers Ireland sponsored Engineer Your Future challenge. The week ended with a hotly contested knockout Roboslam competition in the Bolton St campus on Friday 15th May 2015. Niall Duffy from St. Kevin’s College Finglas (left of picture) was the overall winner of the tournament. The runners-up prize went to Bill O’Hanlon from St. Patrick’s College Cavan (on right). Their robots were the last ones standing in the knockout competitions. This year the design prizes were dominated by some very talented young female engineers.
What is RoboSlam?
RoboSlam is an ultra low-cost robot building workshop for beginners using real electronic components. Our aim is to create a recipe for a €10 robot that’s easy to build and easy to teach others to build.
RoboSlam by Ted Burke, Damon Berry, Shannon Chance, Frank Duignan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Follow RoboSlam on TwitterMy Tweets
- 110,473 hits
- TY photos keep rolling in!
- The final moments of suspense at BioSlam
- More photos from “Engineering Your Future” 2022
- Building heart rate monitors for kicks at TU Dublin
- Engineering Your Future at TU Dublin, 2022
- Mighty Dublin Makers
- Bread Board Games!
- Do-it-yourself punch cards and other amazing feats: DIT’s Paper Programming booth at Dublin Maker 2018
- New “Bread Board Games” for Science Week in Bunclody
- Engineering Your Future–a week of adventures in engineering at DIT
- Template for laser cutting in Inkscape
- More from Engineers Week 2017
- Engineers Week 2017
- Adults love robots, too….
- Creative Techfest’s RoboSlam at Google
- CopyCat in Action
- Introducing ArcadeSlam and the CopyCat mini-arcade platform
- Spreading Joy with Robots and Pasta
- Roboslam at Dublin Maker 2016
- Photos of roboteers at Dublin Maker 2016
- RoboSlam Instructions Dublin Maker 2016
- RoboSlam robot for Dublin Maker 2016
- Living Knowledge
- RoboSlam at PAEE/ALE 2016, Guimarães Portugal
- Robotics for Transition Year
- RoboSlam at Enniscorthy
- The “twoeyes” program from Enniscorthy
- Engineer’s Week: RoboSlam with a Twist
- Alternative version of the zigzag example using motor control functions
- Luke’s Robot Show-and-Tell
- Getting ready for a busy week…
- Robot build instructions and code for Tech Week / Science Week Oct/Nov 2015
- Colour Sensor Example Code
- Workshop for Roboslam tutors at IT Blanchardstown
- A remote control bot
- Instructions, laser cutting patterns and C code for RoboSlam robots at Dublin Maker 2015
- RoboSlam @ Dublin Maker – only two days away!
- Engineer Your Future Roboslam Tournament Winners 2015
- Engineer Your Future with Electronics
- Daniel’s code
- RoboSlam Testing Code and hex file
- DIT Team Deliver RoboSlam Workshop for Tech Week
- Assembling the new laser-cut chassis
- RoboSlam Instructions for CAO Open Day 2015
- Building Robots for Engineers Week
- On the Road to Victory
- Instructions for assembling the colour sensor module
- Tip-Top Design Skills
- FOCAS on Robots
- Workshop at Kinsale Arts Festival