What is RoboSlam?
RoboSlam is an ultra low-cost robot building workshop for beginners using real electronic components. Our aim is to create a recipe for a €10 robot that’s easy to build and easy to teach others to build.
RoboSlam by Ted Burke, Damon Berry, Shannon Chance, Frank Duignan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Follow RoboSlam on TwitterMy Tweets
- 96,704 hits
Bread Board Games |… on New “Bread Board Games” for Sc… Sony on … Reverse Engineering on More from Engineers Week … batchloaf on Programming Nilu on Programming batchloaf on Programming gajanan gadekar on Programming batchloaf on …
- Mighty Dublin Makers
- Bread Board Games!
- Do-it-yourself punch cards and other amazing feats: DIT’s Paper Programming booth at Dublin Maker 2018
- New “Bread Board Games” for Science Week in Bunclody
- Engineering Your Future–a week of adventures in engineering at DIT
- Template for laser cutting in Inkscape
- More from Engineers Week 2017
- Engineers Week 2017
- Adults love robots, too….
- Creative Techfest’s RoboSlam at Google
- CopyCat in Action
- Introducing ArcadeSlam and the CopyCat mini-arcade platform
- Spreading Joy with Robots and Pasta
- Roboslam at Dublin Maker 2016
- Photos of roboteers at Dublin Maker 2016
- RoboSlam Instructions Dublin Maker 2016
- RoboSlam robot for Dublin Maker 2016
- Living Knowledge
- RoboSlam at PAEE/ALE 2016, Guimarães Portugal
- Robotics for Transition Year
- RoboSlam at Enniscorthy
- The “twoeyes” program from Enniscorthy
- Engineer’s Week: RoboSlam with a Twist
- Alternative version of the zigzag example using motor control functions
- Luke’s Robot Show-and-Tell
- Getting ready for a busy week…
- Robot build instructions and code for Tech Week / Science Week Oct/Nov 2015
- Colour Sensor Example Code
- Workshop for Roboslam tutors at IT Blanchardstown
- A remote control bot
- Instructions, laser cutting patterns and C code for RoboSlam robots at Dublin Maker 2015
- RoboSlam @ Dublin Maker – only two days away!
- Engineer Your Future Roboslam Tournament Winners 2015
- Engineer Your Future with Electronics
- Daniel’s code
- RoboSlam Testing Code and hex file
- DIT Team Deliver RoboSlam Workshop for Tech Week
- Assembling the new laser-cut chassis
- RoboSlam Instructions for CAO Open Day 2015
- Building Robots for Engineers Week
- On the Road to Victory
- Instructions for assembling the colour sensor module
- Tip-Top Design Skills
- FOCAS on Robots
- Workshop at Kinsale Arts Festival
- RoboSlam T-shirt September 2014
- Different Robot Shapes
- RoboSlam T-Shirt for Dublin Maker 2014
- TV News Feature
- Globetrotting with Missouri Engineers
Tag Archives: DIT
This past Saturday, the RoboSlam founders — Damon, Ted, Frank, and Shannon — travelled to “sunny southeast Ireland” to deliver a RoboSlam for 18 students (ages 7-14) in Enniscorthy, County Wexford. Many thanks to the local sponsor Taoglas and to all the … Continue reading
On the second day of our three-day May Slam-a-rama, the students learned about product and manufacturing design. They designed and started building bodies for their robots, while also taking tours. They learned about statistics, wrote essays about engineering, and toured … Continue reading
A huge “thank you” goes out to the 37 amazing students who participated in RoboSlam last week… your enthusiasm for robot-building and dedication to learning made the week a success for us all!
Here are some more pics of the opening events of RoboSlam. If you attended and don’t see your picture, don’t worry. I’ll be uploading more photos in the days to come.
Ted, Damon, and Shannon have been working with high school students this week, as part of an “Engineering Your Future” event designed to introduce Transition Year students to the diverse, exciting, and rewarding career opportunities offered by Engineering. Yesterday the … Continue reading